Latest topics
» Stonehowl dollz
Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:35 pm by Nightsea

» Non-EQ Doll Long Thread
Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:24 pm by Nightsea

» Long Doll Thread
Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:44 am by Nightsea

» My preservers; Twigcurl, Waterdrop, etc.
Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:44 pm by Nightsea

» the character Nightsea
Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:48 am by Nightsea

» Dollz of Other Elf Friends
Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 am by Nightsea

» Jeedai's Preserver Nest v2
Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:21 pm by Jeedai

» What happened?
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:13 pm by katcombs

» Jeedai's Post-Scroll-Of-Colors Dolls
Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:45 am by Jeedai

Affiliates

Elfquest.com forum gone...EQ dollers meet here now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elfquest.com forum gone...EQ dollers meet here now?

Post by Nightsea on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Since my birthday (3/23) the official Elfquest.com forum is now only archive viewable.  No new posts can go there, and the whole Elfquest dollz thread is
also defunct.  Please allow us to continue sharing our dolling efforts here.

I want to begin by saying thanks for all the dollz, comments, time and attention everyone gave that thread on the forums over the years and also
thanks for the last batch I couldn't reply to on that site today.  I liked all the new mermaid dollz and the Xgirl Irda.

I will carry on posting new dollz here and hope this will work as our dolling home going forward (and if not, I will begin searching for a new location).

--Nightsea
Nightsea

Back to top Go down

Re: Elfquest.com forum gone...EQ dollers meet here now?

Post by katcombs on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Here is fine with me, it'll give me a chance to update and fix my galleries on here. Jeedai suggested elfquestfanart as well, since there are many ElfQuest fans on there already.

PS: I can't figure out how to post on eq.com, so I'll just be here for now.
katcombs
Admin

http://katslegends.x10host.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightsea on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Do you want me to share the URL/website address for here on the official EQ.com or would you prefer that I do not?
EQ fanart wasn't so keen on dollz long ago. They let us post there but I think they didn't really like dollz and wanted
from scratch art as their focus. I will have to go figure out my login there and see where it left off.
--NS
Nightsea

Back to top Go down

Post by katcombs on Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:26 pm

If you can, I'd love that. I wanted to post the link, but I can't figure out how to post on there.

Another PS, lol: There's also a chat on here
katcombs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Embala on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:50 pm

That was a "birthday gift" I wish nobody, Nightsea. *hugs* I hope you will have your celebration nevertheless - with loving gifts and good company.

I will be here. For dollz. For company. I cannot say how intense and how much I will be able to participate. But I'll be here for sure!
It will be like in the old dollz thread - on and (seemingly) off.
Embala

Back to top Go down

Post by katcombs on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:55 pm

I probably won't be posting much or fixing posts until after Easter. I've got my grandbaby until then and she's taking all my time. Feel free anyone on here and new EQ refugees to make any new threads and if you need your own personal archive section like I did with me, Nightsea, Jeedai and all the original group lemmi know and I'll open one for you.
katcombs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Embala on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:43 pm

Would be nice to have a "personal archive", kat. Smile I'll need it sooner or later.

No need to hurry, tho - not much activity to expect before Easter from me either. Enjoy your grandchild!

Thank you for offering a place, kat. Still. Again. *hugs*
Embala

Back to top Go down

Post by katcombs on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:45 pm

I made you one right after I typed that one in. Thought you had one already and freaked out when I saw you didn't. I love the personal archives cause you can make as many topics as you want for character bios, catagories and such
katcombs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightsea on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:59 am

Thanks for letting me know you'll be here, Embala!  I am super glad you'll join us.  

I will maybe slowing down on the dollz myself for a bit...I'm going to see if I can recover any of the old ones I lost via searching the internet wayback machine/archives.  Rob at least let me know that a forum hack was probably responsible for all those dollz I made going poof.  If you look in the Nightsea character thread I made here you can see some of the dead links, because I was going thru the dollz thread trying to even gather all the Nightsea character dollz.  That was going to be a huge project, but made smaller now by the fact that a bunch of dollz are just gone.  Maybe that means I can find the maker and redo her on it.  *sigh*  It also means I will have to take the time to laboriously scroll thru the old thread just to see what other character dollz I may have lost.  I know I lost some good bases too.
I hope Jeedai will join us here too.  And others!  After Easter...anytime.  I just hope our little group doesn't
vanish like all those pixels I pushed around.
I did post the URL for here on the EQ site topic thread.
Enjoy your time with family in RL.  I wish everyone a happy season of rebirth!
--Nightsea
Nightsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Embala on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:49 pm

Nightsea, I probably have a good deal of your dollz saved ... not sure whether I can identify them, tho. I could take a look ... step by step. And upload the bunch in a special album for you to grab what's yours.
Embala

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightsea on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:07 pm

Thanks Embala! The ones I most want to recover are the ones that are dead linked in my forum section here for "the character Nightsea". All those images I made of my character that were hosted on the main EQ site instead of photobucket. The little blue question mark icons...if you right click on them you can see the exact URLs and thus also filenames I am searching for. Of course I believe there are more...but I haven't had time to get to the middle chunk (say page 70-140 or so) of the old forum dollz thread to find them. I know I also had a thread in the "group" that listed bases and I had posted some good ones there that I also made the mistake of hosting on eq.com.
Anything I hosted on photobucket I still have.
Someday I may get my act together enough to have just one place to save things and the time, $ and net access to accomplish that goal. But it isn't going to be this week.
I really love your support! *huggies*
--Nightsea
Nightsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Embala on Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:37 pm

I will look for it, Nightsea. I get that you mainly miss Nightsea and your other OCs.
I don't necessaryly have them under the same filename - and probably not all. I'll look how I will get together most of them. *crossing fingers* Will definitely not start before Easter.

I'll keep you informed, Nightsea. I so want to help you to get at least some of your artwork back. *hugs*
Embala

Back to top Go down

Post by katcombs on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:39 pm

I hate that I only have the old stuff that I can get to quickly Sad
http://s23.photobucket.com/user/katcombs/library/Nightsea?sort=3&page=1
katcombs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightsea on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:59 am

It looks like many of those will be the ones I am missing, kat!  I think it is so wonderful of you to have saved them!  *BIG HUGS*
As you know even little dollz take lots of time and I am so glad not to have lost all that effort!

*smiles at everyone*  
Thank you all so much for all the support and help!
Can't thank you all enough for all the joy your interaction with me has been over the years.  
Viva La EQDollz!
--Nightsea
Nightsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Embala on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Glad to read you've already gotten some of your artwork back, Nightsea. *happy dance*
Embala

Back to top Go down

Post by Seastorm on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:00 pm

I was so sad when I saw the EQ Forum was no more. I haven't made many dolls in recent years, but if you don't mind some extras hanging around and enjoying the beautiful creations you all have made, I'd love to stick around for a while. It may be time to pull out some of my old dolls.
Seastorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightsea on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Of course you may and should "stick around", Seastorm! To look, comment or post...up to you! We'd love any of it. We like to know our dollz have an audience and you are MORE than Welcome here!

Got dollz? Share 'em please!

Want us to doll your character or characters? Tell us. I especially love
to make new folks!

Ayooah, Shade & Sweet Glad to See Ya,
--Nightsea
Nightsea

Back to top Go down

Post by katcombs on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:41 pm

Same here, I always love making new OC elves! Just takes me forever to get started making them. 

I've only been sort of around, but hopefully I'll get back into the swing of dollmaking soon.
katcombs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top